Many folks have been reaching out to me saying that my recent articles have been resonating and that they have been feeling the emotional intensity of this time.
There are some things I want to share if you are in this boat too, to develop resiliency during times of chaos and change.
These are the 9 steps in random order:
- The 1st step here is to acknowledge what you are going through. I just want to normalize this and say that you are not crazy/weak/foolish for feeling strong emotions come up. Depending on what transits are activating your natal chart, you may be feeling this to a lesser or greater extent. Irrespective of what is going on in your chart, first just pause, accept and honor what is coming up for you.
- Hold yourself in compassion. We are going through a very unreal time. We are indeed at a major crossroad for humanity and personally. So, I want to emphasis the immensity of this time in history. Hence, lead with kindness and compassion for yourself and others who are most likely feeling the same way.
- Give yourself permission to have a meltdown. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you feel like crying for no reason at all, let yourself cry. If you are feeling anger come up, let yourself express it in a safe way. Don’t dump it on others, but do give yourself a way to let that emotion come out, and not bottle it up or make yourself wrong for feeling so.
- Be aware of what takes you “out”. Most likely, what is taking you outside of yourself (most things in the external world, media is a great example), is also distracting you from the real meaningful stuff in your life. If watching the news riles you up, don’t watch it or at least reduce your exposure to it and the things that take you out.
- Have a toolbox of techniques you can fall back on when things get intense and make it a habit to give yourself that. What supports you in the best way? Is it solitude, silence, time in nature, time with family, taking care of your physical health, moving your body, doing the things that light up your heart? Do those regularly.
- Start thinking about what your true priorities are? The bigger picture & intention of chaotic times is to purposely turn things upside down so you can start to see new perspectives and ways of doing. The way to stay centered during this time, is to know without a shadow of doubt what your true priority is and keep coming back to that.
- Give yourself permission to let go. We are all changing at this time and changing to the new means letting go of the old. It’s okay if what you valued a few months doesn’t hold your interest now. It will be easier to see what your true priority is, if you let go of the things that no longer hold value for you.
- Start awakening to the deeper reason of why we are going through this time. There’s much to see under the superficial surface. What is happening this year in our personal and collective lives is bigger than all of us. From an astrological perspective, we are at a gigantic transition point from one age to another. More change will be coming in the years to come.
- Finally, trust your own self. Ask yourself, how can you develop an ability to walk through the dark? When in your life have you faced uncertainty and what did you do then to navigate the unknown? Get in touch with your innate ability to tap into the goodness of the universe and trust.
I’d love to hear from you, what is it that you are letting go of and what is being awakened within you that you want to carry with you into 2021?
A natal chart reading can give much clarity about your purpose and role at this time of great change. If you are being called to see what the next step is for you, reach out to me HERE.
PS: Have you checked out our free Facebook Group where I share regular astro updates? Click here to join.